Charleston Jet Ski Accident Attorneys
In South Carolina, enjoying the water on a jet ski can be a fun activity for families and individuals alike. Sadly, operators who are reckless or otherwise negligent can make the activity exceedingly dangerous for others. In many cases, this kind of recklessness and negligence ends up causing accidents that can leave victims with severe injuries.
At Clawson and Staubes, LLC: Injury Group, our legal team understands just how important it will be for you to hold the responsible party accountable for your accident. Once you reach out to our firm, our attorneys can give you the kind of legal advice that will be necessary to build the best possible case and to help you pursue all of the compensation you may be entitled to.
Causes of Jet Ski Accidents
Accidents involving jet skis can be caused by a number of reckless behaviors by those operating them. Regardless of the cause, if another party caused your accident, it may be in your best interests to take legal action against them. Some of the careless actions that most frequently cause jet ski accidents include:
- Speeding: Although many bodies of water having posted speed limits, some people disregard these signs and operate jet skis at dangerous speeds.
- Ignoring water traffic signs: Traffic signs are posted on waterways to help keep everyone on the water safe. Unfortunately, some jet ski operators will blatantly ignore these signs.
- Driving recklessly: While operating or riding a jet ski can be fun, it is important to exhibit care while doing so. When operators fail to do that, and instead perform reckless maneuvers, they put others at a heightened risk of accident.
- Operating too closely to other boats: A safe distance between boats and jet skis is crucial to the safety of everyone on the water. When individuals operating a jet ski venture too close to a boat or other jet ski, the result can be catastrophic.
- Operating a jet ski under the influence of alcohol or drugs: Operating a jet ski already comes with significant risk, and that risk is only made worse when an individual chooses to carelessly operate a jet ski while under the influence.
When recklessness or carelessness does culminate in an accident, they can have life-changing, if not fatal, consequences. That being said, some of the most common injuries that are sustained in jet ski accidents include:
- Brain/Head Trauma
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Wrongful Death
At Clawson and Staubes, LLC: Injury Group, our lawyers believe that no individual should have to suffer due to the negligent actions of another party. Let our legal team put our years of experience to work for you and help you pursue compensation for all your pain and suffering.
Contact a Jet Ski Accident Attorney in Charleston
If you or a loved one was injured in a jet ski accident that was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another party, you should reach out to one of the Charleston jet ski accident attorneys at Clawson and Staubes, LLC: Injury Group to discuss your legal options. To learn more, call our offices at (843) 720-0810 today.